- 12 month opportunity – $89,321 + Super
- Environmental Programs team
- Based in our Leederville office
One organisation. One hugely diverse workforce
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians. Fresh faces wanted.
We have a fixed term opportunity for an Advisor - Environment to assist Water Corporation in achieving sustainable outcomes by providing support and advice on technical / operational, approvals and strategy, also undertaking environmental assessments. This role will support the treated wastewater reuse project and be expected to work across the various groups within the environment team. This role will be based in our Leederville office reporting to the Team Leader - Environmental Programs.
- Undertake and support environmental risk assessments for low and moderate risk projects, including due consideration of environmental, stakeholder, social issues and, where appropriate, economic, corporate image and operability factors
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a view to obtaining relevant and practicable environmental approvals
- Report and make recommendation on findings from audit/inspections
- Assist in the development of strategic direction, policy and position statements including writing, reviewing and updating protocols and support the development and provision of strategic advice on environmental issues and compliance
- Produce high quality management plans, reports, letters, and presentations
- Opportunity to undertake travel where required
- Degree level qualification in environmental science, hydrogeology, geology, chemistry, engineering or similar discipline
- Knowledge and experience in environmental processes and geographic information systems in relation to planning, environmental risk assessment, approvals processes, operational management and, overall, compliance areas
- Knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth statutes associated with environmental management in the water industry
- Skilled in developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders including government agencies, community and interest groups to facilitate effective environmental management outcomes
- Experience working with environmental data management and geodatabase software
- Ability to manage contractors and supervise contractors undertaking environmental investigations
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best outlines your relevant experience and demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role. Applications close on Monday 18th January 2021 .
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website