|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial and government Cloud Services. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade Cloud that has a true hybrid story. Customers and analysts recognize Azure’s tremendous momentum and as the foundation of Microsoft beating performance expectations year over year. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with >55 regions live and announced, with more in the pipeline.
As we strive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global is hiring an exceptional Principal PM (Senior Director level) to support our international expansion in Asia covering East Asia, South East Asia, India, and Asia-Pacific (Australia and New Zealand). This role will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy for making Azure available to current and new customers through a variety of cloud and hybrid options, including but not limited to regional datacenters and Edge capabilities.
The successful candidate will provide thought leadership and facilitate engagement across multiple senior stakeholders internally and externally to develop robust business cases justifying our region expansion investments. Additionally, they will be the empowered voice of Corp Azure Engineering in the region as it pertains to expansion and future growth. As the Asia Expansion lead you will engage with internal product teams, the Microsoft field, our Partner network, our end customers and regional governments and policy agencies. You will be required to successfully navigate complex engagements encompassing multiple dimensions including technical, financial, compliance, regulatory and legal concerns. You will act as the conduit between local and corporate engineering teams to ensure all expansion plans are progressing as desired. As a senior leader in the region, you will also contribute to the coaching, training, and development of our diverse group of regional AG employees. Finally, you will also work with regional Engineering leaders to identify, qualify, and prioritize emerging needs that result in new regions, optimization of existing infrastructure or incremental growth in penetration and scale of Azure across Asia.
Significant international travel within the region, and to the main corporate offices in the US, should be anticipated.
- Define and execute the Azure expansion strategy for Asia including:
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize new opportunities, including developing the business case (strategic rationales and economics), structuring deal terms, developing a negotiation strategy and leading negotiations (customer facing and internal)
- Manage the deal process with anchor customers from identification through agreement. Communicate with key stakeholders throughout the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Drive deals to closure while maintaining an objective sense of when to suspend an opportunity.
- Document and influence customer and local market needs for Azure services
- Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled
- Partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, compliance, and the field leadership to translate customer demand signals into release priorities, and ensure business growth is unencumbered by engineering, compliance or infrastructure.
- Support Corporate and External Legal Affairs in negotiating agreements with government agencies over data sovereignty and security that support Microsoft’s Trusted Data Principles
- Engage directly with customers at multiple levels, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships
- Drive large strategic and complex projects, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies
- Develop a deep understanding of how to lead customers to use the Azure platform and its myriad services like Compute, Storage, Database, and Networking services in Azure to architect their applications and enable their business transformation
- Drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization, and deliver results that depend on other divisions and external partners
- Remove customer barriers to cloud adoption around the world
- Be an expert in industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and start-ups.
- 15+ years of program, project, or product management experience and (desired) deep industry experience working with at least one category or vertical
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s current infrastructure design goals and decision-making framework
- BS or higher degree in a technical or business discipline
- MBA or Graduate degree preferred
- Strong track record of producing business results by delivering services and/or shipping products
- Ability to engage in complex negotiations and business requirements conversations with senior customer executives
- Experience in orchestrating deeply matrixed internal and customer organizations to define success criteria and execution plans.
- Prior experience with the politico-economic environments of various Asian countries, including familiarity with local/federal laws governing data security and sovereignty and local corporate structures.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.