|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
We are looking for candidates who have a growth mindset and strongly believe that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence. Also helpful is a strong technical background, experience, and knowledge in one or more of the technologies below:
Technical Expertise (Required in one or more of each area)
- Knowledge of DevOps Systems: Azure DevOps Services, Azure DevOps Server (formerly Team Foundation Server), GitHub Enterprise.
- Deep understanding of application lifecycle and agile development principals including but not limited to:
- Boards – work items, backlogs, sprints and queries
- Repos – commits, pushes, pulls, and branches
- Pipelines – builds, releases and deployment groups
- Test – Unit and Load tests, CodedUI, Web Test, parameters, configurations and runs
- Artifacts – Maven, npm, NuGet
- Web application development experience on three or more of the following: Linux, Windows IIS, Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, or Git
- Knowledge of HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSL
- Knowledge and experiences of Cloud Technologies (Azure/AWS)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions.
- Strong knowledge of OOP concepts and experience with C#, JAVA, HTML5, .NET Framework and .NET Core development platform
- Developer Tools such as Visual Studio and Visual Studio for Mac.
- Software development, consulting or support with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Client, Server and Development products and technologies.
- Nice to have previous experience with troubleshooting tools (E.g. Process Monitor, Process Explorer, Fiddler, Network Monitor, WireShark, etc.) and debugging experience.
- Familiar with SQL Server development and design.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.