|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
A rare opportunity has arisen for a confident and innovative Head of Culture & People to lead the Australian Supermarkets Stores Culture & people team. Reporting to the Culture & People Director, Australian Supermarkets, this critical senior leadership role will drive the people agenda across stores nationally to successfully embed a customer first team and culture.
The Head of Culture and People will work closely with our Australian stores leadership team to evolve our culture, leadership and change capability and drive people initiatives aligned to our business strategy. The role leads a team nationally to align and deliver the people plan and partners across the Woolworths Group Culture & People function to create end to end solutions that support our customer and team first culture.
In this role, you will
- Develop and lead the Australian supermarkets stores people strategy and delivery of key people initiatives which supports our supermarkets strategy
- Provide the stores leadership team with coaching, advice and support across all areas of talent development, people leadership and development and organisational effectiveness
- Scope, build, drive and deliver a group wide multi-year talent strategy including succession planning and talent reviews, capability building, leadership capability and cultural change
- Research and analyse people-related data to provide insights, identify opportunities and offer recommendations that will enhance organisational effectiveness
- Lead the implementation of talent initiatives with a commercial mindset and passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- Lead, engage and motivate the high performance people team to ensure they are delivering the people strategy and initiatives for the business and providing high quality guidance and support to all leaders around critical people matters
You are a highly experienced and engaging senior HR professional. You will have considerable experience developing, shaping and driving people plan initiatives in a fast paced, complex organisational setting. As a trusted advisor you will have the proven ability to build sound business relationships, influence for change and demonstrate sound judgement.
In addition, you will have
- A strong and supportive leader with the ability to advise, coach and support the talent & leadership agenda
- A practical, pragmatic and forward thinker coupled with strong commercial acumen;
- Strong relationship skills with a demonstrated ability to advise, coach and support the talent & leadership agenda;
- An ability to be 'hands on', you are curious about the why and focused on outcomes; and
- Passionate about customer and team experience
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.