GEMCO is one of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
We’re hiring a professional to integrate into the Site Services team at our exciting open cut operation. Reporting to the Lead Site Services you will coordinate the provision of administrative support across the operation by ensuring the effective and timely processing of administrative requests through the Self Service Portal (SSP). You will utilise your significant experience in leading a professional team to influence and contribute to decisions that improve performance within the team locally.
As a South32 team member, we want to set you up for success. You’ll do this with our team of experts through coaching and mentoring opportunities. We will help you connect with new colleagues, so you can build strong work relationships, grow your knowledge of the mining and metals industry and provide you with an environment that empowers you to get on with the job.
This role is offered on either a residential basis or FIFO from Darwin or Cairns, working a 4 days on 3 days off roster pattern. From here, you can make the most of your lifestyle friendly roster exploring the tropical north, with easy access to a multitude of locations showcasing the rich culture and heritage of these regions. Our GEMCO community gives you the chance to throw a line in at the end of the day or catch a stunning sunset over the water. For the fitness inclined, you could choose to burn off some energy in one of our gyms, have a hit on the tennis courts or wash away the day in our lap pool.
You’re a good fit with this role if you have:
- Extensive experience leading teams along with well-developed people management skills
- Class C Driver’s Licence – this is essential
- Demonstrated experience coordinating logistics for projects (travel and accommodation)
- SAP experience (Inventory and Supply)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
Your accountabilities will include:
- Coordinate the Administration team including resource management
- Coordinate task allocation across the Administration team to enhance productivity and meet agreed deadlines
- Report on team performance against pre-determined KPIs and service level agreements
- Ensure that information management and reporting is executed in an organised and consistent manner that meets company standards and timelines
- Ensure efficient contractor mobilisation and demobilisation processes
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary and bonus program, South32 also offer up to 6 months paid parental leave, participation in Employee Share Plans and Education/Professional Development Assistance.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Applications close 25/01/2021