At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Reporting to the Mining Production Supervisor within the Mining Production team your duties will include:
- Complete daily pre-starts on equipment and inspection of your work area
- Implementation and compliance with Traffic Management standards and procedures
- Execution of all mine development projects, drill preparation, and roadworks based on the Mine Enabling Plan
- Monitor performance of equipment and compliance with mine operating procedures through inspections
- Positively influence and shape the culture to ensure a safe, productive, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
Skills and Other Qualifications
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Experienced on large-scale mining equipment is a must, preferably on: Excavators Liebherr 9400/ 996B, D10 Track Dozers, CAT 854k Wheel dozer, CAT 18M and 16M grader, Komatsu WA1200 Wheel Loader.
- At least 2 Years Production Mining Experience
- Flexible, team-orientated approach with strong communications skills
- Experience with Fleet Management Systems will be highly regarded
- Working knowledge of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Minimum C Class Driver’s license, HR highly regarded.
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 2/1 roster from Perth. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, Western Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Reference Number – 32500
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.