|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your path to many possible futures | Safety Lead | Wodonga location
- Support the Wodonga RDC line management with safety leadership, coaching and technical support in the continuous improvement of safety culture and reduction of workplace injuries
- Implement and integrate practical and effective safety and wellbeing initiatives to promote safe workplace behaviour
- Permanent opportunity
Responsibilities of this role will include, however not be limited to the following key areas:
- Implement policies and processes to minimise risks and to achieve compliance
- Implement, maintain and improve Safety & Health programs, systems, tools and training to support compliance
- Monitor and identify actions resulting from the incident management review process
- Taking care of own and colleagues health and safety through identification and reporting of hazards and an active involvement in improvement initiatives
- To lead, coach and support Operational Managers with positive strategies based on proactive analysis of information, leading and lagging indicators & culture survey results to promote a positive and resilient safety culture for team members, visitors, customers and contractors
- To liaise with key stakeholders internally and externally in the event of a serious incident to share investigation outcomes, provide appropriate communication, prevent recurrence and mitigate further liability
- To foster the value of inclusion of safety considerations and controls in all management processes to champion a safety culture and a safe working environment
- To manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring ongoing regulatory and legislative compliance. Applying sound judgement and decision-making based on facts and verifiable evidence, professional knowledge and practice
- Contribute to the Primary Connect SWE governance program by conducting the first line of defence audits and supporting close out of any non-conformances
- Comply with safety policies, procedures and role responsibilities as defined in the Primary Connect Safety Management System Procedure
- Delivery of timely, accurate, and quality assured safety performance data to business
- Including supporting external benchmarking activities and in analysis of such data
Who we’re looking for
Together with demonstrated experience in a similar role, we are seeking the following skills and experience:
- Ability to build strong relationships across the site and with internal & external stakeholders
- Coaching and people skills in servicing and influencing others
- Ability to build relationships and be persuasive with regard to all levels of management.
- Demonstrate leadership within all aspects within the scope of the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General administration experience and skills to the capacity to undertake work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintaining continuous learning through affiliation with industry groups & legislative updates.
- Ability to manage self & others to complete recurring work & special projects.
- Well developed time management and project prioritisation skills.
- Experience working within a hands on safety role
- Formal qualifications in a related WHS/OH&S area
- Experience with auditing and self insurance
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.