|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Work strategically to grow and enable e-Com solutions nationally through enhanced design and the expansion of an existing network, new store opportunities and e-Stores
- Join the Woolworths Property group and, along with the team, take accountability for all of the property undertakings of the organisation
- Enjoy flexible work arrangements, discounts across our brands and great deals on insurance
- Once you join the Woolworths Property team, this role will see you working closely with Landlords, Property Management leads, Fabcot, Non Retail Property and Network Planning on various property solutions. As the National Property Manager - eCom, you will also take on the various related work streams to simplify the State Property teams e-Com responsibilities. The Australian Property Management function is part of the Woolworths Property Group and exists to strategically grow the trading businesses through the delivery of the best property network for our customers in a geographic location. You will be responsible for:
- Executing the framework and ‘ways of working’ to deliver the overarching property management e-commerce strategy for the business;
- Working closely with various teams to ensure the successful implementation and enablement of the e-Com initiatives as well as capturing learnings for continuous improvement;
- Assisting the State teams by streamlining process, procedures and limiting their involvement in various e-Com reviews, where possible; and
- Negotiating the best commercial outcome for the business, leveraging on relationships, portfolio positions whilst maintaining and growing key relationships
Who we’re looking for
- Our new National Property Manager - eCom will have strong leadership capability with a focus on relationship management and development. Your high work ethic, customer focus, strategic planning and problem solving skills along with a track record to make things happen, will help you to succeed in a competitive environment. We are looking for an passionate and innovative team member with:
- 10+ years commercial experience and knowledge of the property market, strong financial/commercial acumen and excellent negotiation skills;
- Strong stakeholder management and the ability to influence at a leadership level;
- Business, planning and financial skills, including the ability to develop strategy plans, budgets and manage resources;
- An ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities offering commercial viability and benefit to Woolworths;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills and an ability to deliver quality outcomes in high pressure, high volume environments within tight timeframes; and
- A degree in Property or a related discipline (ideally)
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.