- Permanent position, 9 day fortnight
- Eraring based opportunity
- Support Turbines, Cooling and Auxiliary Cooling Water
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Origin's Maintenance Engineering group based at Eraring Power Station in a Maintenance Engineering Coordinator position. You’ll be responsible for the coordination and execution of the maintenance plans, work management, plant health, risks, budget, improvements, initiation of future projects, contractor performance (safety, quality, scope, execution and close out of work), spares and technical support of designated plant areas or functions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordination and execution of maintenance and project plans; work management systems, plant availability and reliability review and improvements, O&M risk assessments, budgets, improvements and initiation of future projects
- Collaboration and coordination with internal maintenance, contractor maintenance and plant operators
- Continually improve Health & Safety and Environment performance and proactively participate in leading HSE initiatives across contractor groups
- Manage area or function/plant in accordance to the work management procedures, planning and scheduling practices
- Coordination and execution of plant projects in-line in accordance with the site reliability and maintenance strategies
- Spare parts inventory review and control
- Develop and implement critical maintenance standards and practices to improve quality, reliability and repeatability for the future
Is This You?
- Engineering Degree or Trade level qualifications plus a minimum of three (3) years post trade / degree relevant power station or similar external heavy industry experience, or
- Trade qualification plus relevant post trade qualification at diploma level
- Experience working in and possessing a sound knowledge of thermal power station in a Turbines or Cooling Water Mains and Auxiliary or heavy industry maintenance, engineering, operations, safety, environmental systems and WMS and warehousing functions
- Demonstrated sound knowledge, experience of, focus on and commitment to safe working principles, procedures and methods applied in power stations or heavy industry
- Demonstrated high level capability in the use of the Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), specifically the maintenance work management (WMS) and asset equipment modules
- Ability to quickly attain a high level of knowledge of Defect Elimination, RCM, Condition Monitoring, Root Cause Analysis, Life Cycle Costing and Reliability Engineering Techniques (essential)
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au