|Location:||Dandenong South, East Sale, Point Cook|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the Role
The Materiel Logistics Function (MLF) of the Capability and Sustainment Group (CASG) is responsible for six roles across the supply chain ranging from governance, service delivery, compliance and assurance, and development and management of policy and standards.
An ILS Manager is being sought for a short term role in RAAF Williams, Port Cook, VIC to support the readiness and transition of Material Logistics Function (MLF) to the new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment under SAP. This position is a lead role managing a team to undertake a range of activities associated with MILIS Data Remediation and the development of new policies and procedures in support of ERP implementation and transition. Supporting a project manager, the tasks will include:
- Undertaking complex logistics development, management and delivery activities and tasks in support of the MLF ERP objectives and priorities
- Undertaking change management activities, with a particular emphasis on developing Departmental wide policies and procedures pertaining to Defence logistics and/or supply chain
- Providing a range of support towards MILIS Data Remediation activities
- Providing support to a range of ad hoc logistics and supply chain tasks to MLF as required
- Managing risk, issues and schedule delivery
- Stakeholder engagement and negotiations
- Team management
Essential Qualification / Skills / Experience:
Considering the specialist and senior management role of this position, the successful candidate is required to possess the following essential ILS attributes:
- In-depth awareness and acumen of logistics and/or supply chain experience and ILS practices:
- Inventory management and optimisation
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Maintenance & Repair
- Asset Management (Desirable)
- Foreign Military Sales (Desirable)
- PIOS, Legislative and compliance awareness (Desirable)
- Local Site Administrator experience
- Experience in MILIS data analysis, remediation and migration
- Strong MILIS back end experience
- MILIS training and assessment experience
- Experience in compliance and assurance
- Experience in implementing supply chain elements within SAP
- Experience in developing and implementing enterprise wide business transformation initiatives pertaining to Defence logistics and/or supply chain
- Defence policy and procedure writing skills
- Senior stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Strategic planning and critical analysis skills
- Ability to share knowledge with APS and other industry personnel
Desirable Qualification/ Skills / Experience:
The following attributes are desirable:
- Project management experience and/or qualification
- Auditing experience and/or qualification
- Task scoping, planning and scheduling skills
- SQL skills
- An experienced Logistics Manager who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.