|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are currently seeking a Testing and Commissioning Manager on the Rail Technology Project 1, which is in Delivery phase. The Rail Technology Program is an exciting step toward the future designed to deliver significant safety and productivity value to the Iron Ore business through the implementation of a Communications Based Train Control system. The role of Testing and Commissioning Manager requires a dynamic, experienced professional who has commissioned Rail systems before, ideally is familiar with the CENELEC processes and has the ability to effectively influence a broad range of stakeholders.Reporting to the Delivery Manager in this fixed term role you will be responsible to:
- To maintain, execute and assure the Testing, Commissioning and Handover implementation program of the Rail Technology Programme.
- Oversee the Contractor’s testing and commissioning programs.
- On behalf of BHPB verify that the Contractor’s RTP system testing activities results are completed correctly;
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure all resources, logistics and support is available to for the successful completion of all testing and commissioning activities.
- Identifies the necessary Commissioning expertise and resources deployed on the RTP Owner’s Commissioning team.
- Manages acceptance activities for testing and commissioning performed by the contractors and 3rd parties within RTP.
- Manages and coordinates commissioning and deployed resources to support all RTP testing and commissioning activities.
- Manages the execution of commissioning methodologies, strategies and plans in accordance with RTP and BHPB commissioning systems and standards.
- Accountable for the project’s overall commissioning progress, and in particular the critical path, in support of the RTP Delivery Manager.
- Ensures all statutory and required third party commissioning permits are in place prior to testing/commissioning and that conditions associated with them are adhered to.
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- A tertiary qualification in software/electrical/systems engineering/ human factors.
- SO9001 Lead auditor or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the rail technology systems and operational concepts.
- An understanding of the specific challenges that pertain to engineering software-based, safety-related systems including practical application of Human Factors engineering.
- Knowledge of the main System safety and Human Factor Assessment standards applicable in the rail industries - IEC 61508, CENELEC EN50126. 50128, 50129 and 50159.
- Knowledge of the practical application of SFAIRP, development and analysis of tolerable hazard rate fault trees and the application of safety integrity levels.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Release 2 Scope of Works, its specifications and standards as they pertain to testing and commissioning the entire system.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and good presentation skills.
- Experience in managing a commissioning team for a railway system preferable.
- Extensive post-graduate experience in a systems engineering environment, with an in depth knowledge of the safety or systems assurance role, or a high-integrity software development role.
- High level experience in a rail related role.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 40321541
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia