At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia comprising of mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Located 30 kilometres south of the Perth, the Nickel West Kwinana (refinery) produces nickel briquettes and nickel powder. While many employees live in Perth, Fremantle and Mandurah, the Kwinana region is a thriving coastal township with three public beaches, excellent schools, modern shopping facilities and a wide variety of housing options. As part of our commitment to health and safety Nickel West Kwinana is a smoke free operation.
About the Role
We are seeking a suitable candidate who models our values and company purpose to fulfil the role of Reliability Engineer – Mechanical. You will be a contributing member of the Site Reliability Team and working closely with our stakeholders and customers like the Area Execution Team.
12 months fixed term.
In this role you will:
Consistently focus on safety.
- Make decision based on a foundation of safety and show that you can learn and improve from the coaching and experiences onsite.
- Regularly engage in safety activities and robust discussions to actively identify and implement safety improvements.
Be capable to perform maintenance and reliability engineering.
- Analyse key reliability data to identify and implement optimisation/improvements to constantly improve plant reliability and help our in-house customers to achieve business goals.
- Lead/participate in root cause analysis investigations on breakdowns to eliminate defects.
- Lead/participate in high value improvement projects.
- Manage the lifecycle of mechanical equipment by ensuring the effectiveness of strategies including offsite repairs and manage the integrity of equipment data and records.
- Support our customers by providing guidance and engineering advice to safely execute repair works, routine inspections, fault find plant problems, provide engineered solutions to business problems, etc.
We are currently operating at record-breaking production rates and we continue to do this with finding liked-minded people that have a real passion for improvement and achievement. We seek candidates that can demonstrate their experiences in improving their workplace, are solutions focussed and enjoy working in a team that has many different skillsets and competencies.
Highly regarded qualities are:
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Mechanical or a closely related discipline).
- Strong engagement skills and a customer focused mindset skills to constantly communicate effectively and build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Proven problem solving skills with Reliability Engineering concepts and with experience of using tools such as FMEA, RCA, or similar.
- Strong working experience in maintenance and/or reliability engineering in Mining or Oil and Gas industry.
- Practical working experience with material handling, pumping systems and sinter furnaces.
- Strong experience in SAP environment.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and complete scheduled tasks in a timely manner.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.