|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BAE Systems we have some of the smartest minds working to ensure Australia is at the forefront of technology and our Defence Force maintains the critical edge it needs.
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
It's a great place to start your career and a great time to join us.
On our team, you'll enjoy interesting work, an inclusive and safety focused culture, and family friendly, flexible work practices coupled with a unique and supportive graduate program.
As a graduate within our Commercial function, you will provide support and assistance to Commercial Managers within the business.
As a Commercial Graduate at BAE Systems, you will:
- Contribute to the creation of positive relationships between BAE Systems and its customers
- Develop sound commercial acumen
- Work collaboratively across operational and functional teams to ensure that BAE Systems win and execute profitable work
- Assist with the development of commercial documentation, including confidentiality agreements and commercial management plans
- Support the identification and management of risk and opportunities relation to our contracts
- Support compliance to import, export and ITAR regulations
This opportunity is available in Garden Island, New South Wales.
Depending on your degree, you may be considered for adjacent disciplines that enables flexibility throughout the graduate program.
Your reward as a graduate on our team?
- A tailored graduate career plan
- Structured rotations
- An annual national graduate conference
- Extensive training and development
- Mentoring and support
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities to collaborate with graduates across the country
To be eligible, you must have completed a university degree qualification in an appropriate discipline to the role you are applying for (preferrably in Law). You will also need demonstrated team work and communication skills coupled with a desire to grow and learn. Due to the nature of our work, you'll also need to be an Australian citizen and eligible for Australian Defence security clearance.
Applications will close on Sunday 24th January 2021.
Applications must be made on line and must include:
- Current resume and cover letter
- Official academic transcripts to date
Unfortunately applications without a current resume and copy of an academic transcript will not be considered.
In terms of next steps in our process; shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a phone screen. If you are not eligible or shortlisted for further consideration, we will let you know.
Subsequent stages of the recruitment process will include attending an assessment centre or interview, completing a psychometric assessment, reference checking and background screening in addition to pre-employment health assessments for some roles.
As the process unfolds, we will keep you informed as to the status of your application. We will also invite your feedback at the conclusion of the process no matter the outcome.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive start to your career awaits.