|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Be part of a once-in-a-generation $55.6b infrastructure investment
- Diverse and inclusive team committed to making a real difference
- Career development opportunities and room to grow
About Sydney Metro
Sydney Metro is leading Australia’s biggest public transport infrastructure program; developing, delivering and operating a new world-class metro railway system for Sydney. Our multi-disciplinary team have set out to transform the way Sydney travels and shaping the future of Australia’s largest city.
The Corporate Service team within Sydney Metro supports the whole organisation including Operational and Project teams with best-in-class IT, Technology, Procurement, HR, Financial Management and Communications functions. We partner closely with the business as well as with senior stakeholders, media and community groups to drive performance, build relationships and manage our exemplary reputation.
Right now, we have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Cost Estimator to join us in the Projects team.
Reporting directly to the Assosiate Director of Cost Estimating the primary purpose of the role is to provide specialist advice and assurance with the preparation of any cost estimates for projects to ensure the scope of work is to be delivered in terms of cost, time and overall risk profile parameters.
The role is to also provide SME assurance that all Cost Estimates produced are to Metro Estimating Standards and that Metro Cost Estimating Database is populated and maintained correctly to ensure development of our internal benchmarking capability.
What you will be involved in
- Work closely with External Cost Consultants in the preparation of Project Cost Estimates for Metro Project Gates, ensuring estimate compliance with cost estimation standards and procedures
- Manage PMO Peer Review process and output to ensure all Project Cost Estimates are reviewed, challenged and align to current Metro Estimating and Construction Standards.
- Provide a range of cost estimation and planning support services and cost advisory services for project teams in both development and delivery, including reviews of cost estimates and facilitation of workshops as required
- Provide tender assessments or contract variation cost reviews, including presenting findings to Senior Management within Metro.
- Act as key custodian of the PMO Cost Database library, including but not limited to maintaining individual access rights, maintaining ongoing relationship with supplier plus establishing and ensuring robust program and project file structure information
- Provide SME advice and manage the framework of benchmarking of key project unit rates, identifying project trends and working towards enabling 5D Digital Transformation of Estimating.
- Provide advice and support to the Associate Director for the development of cost estimation standards and cost database to ensure consistent processes and outcomes across all projects, and with the management, development and updating of any internal Estimating Standard, Guidelines and Templates
- Develop Metro Estimating In-House capability through improved Data Storage of Cost Estimates, enforcing a consistent methodology across Cost Estimates and building up robust internal Cost Benchmarking information.
You are a tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience in a complex infrastructure enviornment.
You have extensive knowledge of cost, constructability, program and cost contingency risk experience.
Previous experience in planning, reviewing and delivering final Project Estimates and cost plans.
Ideally you have strong analytical skills in order to provide accuracte estimates and use a range of estimating software (Cost X or similar tools) to colllate and analyse data.
Demonstrated experience in an Infrastructure Construction enviornment.
Want to know more?
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is $135 898 - $152 204 per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Joining Sydney Metro, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer the pre-screening questions on the application from.
Note: The successful candidate may need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here
For any enquiries, please contact Amber (Talent Specialist) on Amber.Travers@transport.nsw.gov.au
Application closing date: 11:59pm, Monday 25th January 2021