|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
BMC Poitrel Mine is seeking a Superintendent Maintenance Analysis and Improvement (A&I) to join the Mining Maintenance Department. In this role, you will lead a small but capable team of Analysis and Improvement Specialists in embedding improvement processes. You will utilise your highly developed communication and influencing skills to motivate your team and others to identify, prioritise and deliver on improvement initiatives to "lock in" value for BHP. The roster on offer is an attractive Monday to Friday day shift only.
The main purpose of this role is ensuring delivery of the business plan by ensuring maintenance strategies for equipment are developed, standardised and used as intended, equipment and process performance are analysed and improvements identified and implemented with strong team technical capabilities developed.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will lead the Mine Site’ Maintenance Analysis and Improvement team and look at the end-to-end, whole value stream. Within this role your duties will include:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the BHP Charter, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Demonstrate and instil an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Lead, coach and mentor employees to deliver on plan and build a high performing team
- Has led a team and achieved improvement in equipment performance.
- Involved in Analysis and Improvement or other related Maintenance functional areas.
- Experience in Reliability Engineering and leading investigations (root cause analysis).
- Demonstrated Defect Elimination process to drive equipment performance.
- Has developed and lead maintenance strategy and plan development.
- Experience in heavy industrial / manufacturing environments.
- Involvement in business improvement initiatives.
- Has built and prepared business cases for improvement.
- Experience in managing portfolios/programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Maintenance 2 year budgets and 5 year plans.
Our successful candidate will hold a Tertiary qualifications in relevant maintenance field(s) or engineering discipline(s). The following skills / experience are advantageous: Asset Management / Maintenance Management / Maintenance Engineering / Reliability Engineering. Your experience as a leader in Maintenance environment and thorough understanding of mine planning, equipment capability, contract management and cost management would be advantageous.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. #LIQLD