|Location:||Adelaide, Arundel, Bendigo, Melbourne|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a trusted brand
Bendigo Bank has a unique position in the Banking and Finance industry: we are a trusted brand with a high Net Promoter Score and the time is right for growth as businesses reconsider the sort of bank they want to partner with. As Australia’s Most Trusted Bank* and Most Recommended Business Bank*, your career is in safe hands - our customers need us now more than ever.
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the role
Our Quality Assurance Managers and Quality Assurance Officers are responsible for ensuring that processing delivered to the Business Banking frontline network and their customers is high quality and within agreed service levels. The role involves a high level of quality assurance, administration efficiency, sound risk management practices and support of continuous improvement.
We have one full time, permanent role available. Part time will be considered for the right candidate. The role can be based in any Adelaide, Melbourne, Bendigo or Brisbane
This position can be offered as either a Quality Assurance Manager or a Quality Assurance Officer and the breadth and depth of experience, knowledge and skills of the applicant will provide guidance as to which role the applicant is suited to.
To be successful you will need:
- Experience in process and continuous improvement within business banking lending process and lifecycle.
- Experience in commercial lending spanning simple to complex deals.
- Quality focus and attention to detail.
- Sound understanding of Financial Statements and Letter of Offer generation.
- Ability to review processes and documents and constructively provide feedback and guidance to Middle Office team members on quality including errors and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a high-volume environment.
- Collaborative approach: inclusive, supportive, collaborative within the team and with internal stakeholders.
- Experience in sharing best practices and coaching others.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a strong customer focus.
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
We believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Want to know more?
Please review the Position description:
For a confidential discussion about what this opportunity can mean for you, please contact Kylie Page, Recruitment Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about working at Bendigo and Adelaide Bank or to view other opportunities visit www.bendigoadelaide.com.au/careers.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now.