|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bring your customer and consumer lending expertise
- Drive the lending growth of the business via business development activities
- True work life balance
Do you have lending experience and leadership aspirations?
About the team and role
Our Home Finance Managers are known internally as Customer Relationship Managers because they are more than just lenders. Reporting to the Senior Branch Manager, the Customer Relationship Manager is responsible for the lending portfolio across our two Community Bank branches located at Virginia and Elizabeth. The successful candidate will play an important role in the long-term sustainability of our business within our local communities. You will require a detailed knowledge of consumer and SME markets (up to $200K), the ability to establish and implement strategies to achieve growth within your portfolio and maintain quality referral networks. Continual servicing of our customers, through needs-based interactions will be the key to your success.
The Customer Relationship Manager is a key member of the leadership team, responsible for the Branch when the Senior Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager are away. In addition, you will actively engage the team to ensure their continued growth in the lending space; uplifting their capability through effective training and coaching covering relationship focussed conversations, sales and referral skills and development of product knowledge.
This is a permanent, full time position.
We are looking for a motivated person with a great mindset and personality, who isn’t afraid to ask for the business and has a passion for lending. Ideally you will have had experience in:
- consumer lending where you have assessed the customer’s needs, tailoring practical financial solutions (minimum two years’ experience)
- displaying the people skills to succeed in a mentoring/lending managers role
- driving business growth through customer acquisition and quality referrals
- the basic understanding of company, partnership, and sole proprietor tax returns
- sourcing new customers through your own and/or Bank developed initiatives
- being a self-starter and a person who uses their initiative
- achieving strong sales results
- lending under the provision of the National Credit Code
- effectively communicating with new and existing customers, face to face and over the phone
Bendigo Bank is the better big bank: Australia’s 5th largest retail bank and a top 60 ASX listed company. We are a national organization with more than 7,500 employees helping more than 1.7 million customers to achieve their financial goals.
Our purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago; that is, to feed into the prosperity of our customers and their communities, not off it. It is this unfailing commitment to take the time to connect to our customers that has given us our consistent success.
What we offer
- Extensive training and coaching to ensure your ongoing success in the role
- As part of a national organisation we can offer exciting careers paths within the Bendigo Bank group
- An attractive staff benefits package
- The opportunity to get involved in great local community projects
We recognise the importance of diversity and continually strive to provide an inclusive work environment where people are treated with respect; feel valued and can achieve success. We believe our success depends on the commitment, integrity, and skill of our staff.
Please review the Position Description - Customer Relationship Manager Position Description - May 2017.pdf