With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Control, Automation & Electrical Group is a Hatch global practice providing engineering design expertise to Hatch's metals and minerals, infrastructure and energy business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, sustaining capital works and project management.
- Be part of exceptional, diverse work teams combining and applying vast engineering and business knowledge to the world’s toughest challenges
- Central office location; flexible and welcoming work environment
- Gain the opportunity to work on various Projects for reputable, well-known Clients
Our team in Perth is currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Instrumentation & Controls Engineers experienceto assist with a recent sustained growth in local workload.
Candidates are sought with up to 3 to 7 years’ experience in the specification, design, installation and optimisation of field instrumentation, monitoring and control systems and supporting infrastructure in industrial environments.
The successful candidates will be heavily involved in the preparation of project standards, drawings, detailed specifications, and calculations, to support the development of the instrumentation, systems engineering and package engineering efforts throughout detailed engineering.
We are ideally looking for individuals who possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A bachelor degree in electrical, electronic and communications engineering
- Obtained or working towards obtaining your CPEng.
- Excellent attitude towards safety and a demonstrated ability to comply with and uphold a safe work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders on a technical and interpersonal level.
- Experience developing and working with DCS architectures and virtualised computing and networking environments.
- Experience in applying local regulatory standards pertinent to instrumentation and systems engineering and ensuring designs comply with relevant Project standards and internal procedures.
- Experience in the mining, metallurgical, and mineral processing sectors.
In addition to the above, experience with hazardous area design, functional safety, cybersecurity and converged networking and computing systems will be highly regarded.
This is an opportunity to join an established team of professionals, work on challenging projects and develop your career whilst supporting Hatch's worldwide operations. An employee owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognised and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs.
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa).
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.