Requisition ID: 33372
Job Category: Consulting
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is seeking a Director of Economics/Urban Economics to join its multi-disciplinary Urban Solutions practice in Australia. The global Urban Solutions team brings together experts in planning/master planning, urban design, economics, transport, engineering, infrastructure, and development strategy to inspire positive change in cities and communities across the world.
The Director will be responsible for growing an Australian economics business alongside Hatch Roberts Day (formerly Roberts day) and will ideally can be based out of any major Australian city such as Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth, a 60-person award-winning place-led design and planning practice which recently became part of the Hatch group of companies. The Director will provide leadership in developing an economics consultancy business and integrating economics into planning/master planning, urban design, and placemaking services to create a truly integrated place-led consulting service. The Director will also be responsible for related business development, client engagement, technical oversight of deliverables and project financial performance.
- Take a lead role in the development of economic consulting proposals and deliverables;
- Contribute to growing the business, and achieving business development targets through client relationships and project pursuits;
- Support the bid development processes by managing technical proposals and providing written technical inputs as necessary.
- Engage with the global Urban Solutions team to contribute to strategic planning of short and long-term business direction;
- Liaise, network and encourage collaboration across Hatch’s disciplines and businesses that contribute to the integrated placemaking offer;
- Work closely with other managers on all ongoing projects and staffing;
- Provide quality assurance of ongoing projects, reports, bid submissions and products;
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in economics, urban planning, real estate, or related fields;
- 15+ years of experience in economic development consulting, transit economics or a related field with a strong economic element
- A track record of economic consulting with respect to planning/master planning, and some experience in infrastructure, large-scale mixed-use/transit-oriented developments with private and public sector clients
- Robust knowledge of the Australian marketplace; international experience a plus
- Understanding of public sector urban development/transport/infrastructure business case methodology;
- Previous experience in managing project and team commercial performance in a consultancy environment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage project teams in a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Demonstrable track record of successful business development and achievement of targets;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively; build relationships and influence effectively, with colleagues, clients and stakeholders;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments;
The success of the role will be directly related to the ability of the individual to drive the economic performance of the Australian business and achieve growth by the implementation of a robust economics plan.
If this role is of interest, we would like to hear from you!
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.