With over six decades of business and technical experience in the infrastructure, mining, and energy sectors, Hatch understands that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Undergraduate Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways and Bridges team in Melbourne.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Due to this growth, we are looking for an Undergraduate Engineer to work 2 days per week and assist with current project requirements within a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways, and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Bachelor’s degree (or working towards) in Civil engineering with a strong academic record
- Experience with Structural design software such as SpaceGass, Strand7 and StaadPro
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to think laterally and innovatively
- Flexibility to travel and work in locations within Australia and Internationally
- A passion and drive to make a real difference
You bring to the role:
- Passionate about innovation and technology
- Exceptional communicators
- Collaborators who think laterally and innovatively to solve problems
- Driven and achievement orientated
- Find satisfaction in creating positive change
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
- Team is experienced and set-up to work-from-home in the current COVID-19 environment
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.