Requisition ID: 32961
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Control, Automation & Electrical Group is a Hatch global practice providing engineering design expertise to Hatch's metals and minerals, infrastructure and energy business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, sustaining capital works and project management.
- Be part of exceptional, diverse work teams combining and applying vast engineering and business knowledge to the world’s toughest challenges
- Central office location; flexible and welcoming work environment
- Gain the opportunity to work on various Projects for reputable, well-known Clients
The Hatch Perth office is currently seeking applications from Electrical Project Engineers to assist with an increasing workload within Western Australia, that includes supporting key clients on challenging and innovative Projects.
Immediate project roles exist supporting the design and construction of a major greenfield minerals processing facility. Initially these roles will assist in expediting electrical design deliverables for long lead equipment items and early construction works. These roles will later transition to site, where you will provide co-ordination and technical support to construction and commissioning activities.
We are ideally looking for individuals who possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A degree in engineering, with the experience and ability necessary to attain CPEng status.
- Excellent attitude towards safety and a demonstrated ability to comply with client safety requirements.
- Experience in the planning and supervision of construction and commissioning activities in the mining, metals, minerals processing or similar heavy industrial environment.
- Broad experience in the design, specification and installation of electrical equipment, including an understanding of plant instrumentation and control systems.
- Have current knowledge of industry or regulatory standards pertinent to electrical engineering ensuring compliance of related work with all relevant engineering standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients on a technical and interpersonal level.
This is an opportunity to join an established team of professionals, work on challenging projects and develop your career whilst supporting Hatch's worldwide operations. An employee owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognised and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button above.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.