With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Fantastic career growth opportunity with a tier one global engineering consultancy
- Convenient office work location
- Welcoming team and collaborative working environment
Our tight knit Perth Civil team is currently seeking a Tailings Engineer to join the group and assist with current and exciting future project requirements and opportunities. In joining Hatch, you will be joining a friendly, supportive and inclusive workplace. You will be able to further your career both liaising with and learning from a diverse range of people. In this role, you will provide engineering investigation, design (civil, hydrology and geotechnical) and construction support services in the areas of mine tailings management and water dams.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Tailings and Mine Waste Management Australia, you will be responsible for:
- Providing engineering support for mine waste projects in pre-feasibility through to detailed engineering and operational support type projects;
- Coordination and management of small multi-disciplinary teams to develop integral tailings management solutions for our clients, including embankment design, tailings processing, deposition modelling, capping and closure studies, geotechnical investigation design and tailings water management;
- Planning and executing site investigations for mine waste facilities;
- Preparing technical documentation including reports, specifications and design basis memorandums;
- Reviewing and coordinating civil designers and helping prepare engineering drawings, and
- Supporting senior staff in business development and marketing to existing and new Hatch clients in the mining sector, preparation of expressions of interest and proposals.
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Degree qualified Civil or Geotechnical engineer or Engineering Geologist with previous experience in a mining consultancy or a mine operations role;
- Eligible or holder of Professional Engineer designation;
- Good written and verbal English language skills;
- Strong technical skills in civil/geotechnical engineering or tailings process design, and
- Aptitude to develop business.
The successful candidate will demonstrate clear
- Experience working on tailings or water projects;
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Site based geotechnical or construction field experience;
- Working knowledge of local mine waste guideline with exposure to the permitting process in Australia;
- Aptitude to develop business
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.