With over six decades of business and technical experience in the infrastructure, mining, and energy sectors, Hatch understands that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Civil Engineer - Roads to join the Infrastructure group in our Transportation & Logistics team in Melbourne or Sydney.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting- edge technology. Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Manage civil engineering design for roads, freeways, intersections, utilities and surface water drainage networks
- Prepare, review and check engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports
- Review and check engineering drawings
- Provide input to engineering, operating and cost estimates
- Lead in and contribute to design reviews
- Lead the way on design from tender through feasibility to detailed design
- Client/Stakeholder management
- Manage commercial aspects of projects
- Assist on bidding and tenders
- Mentor junior staff
You bring to the role:
- A degree in civil engineering from a recognised tertiary institution
- Experience in the coordination, design and delivery of roads projects within multi-disciplinary projects
- Safety awareness and good attitude toward safety
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative and inclusive work style
- Demonstrated design experience including bulk earthworks, site grading, surface water management, access and haul roads, freeways and earth structures
- Applicants with RPEQ and CPEng will be well regarded
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa).
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer,we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.