With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Civil Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in our Transportation & Logistics team in Melbourne.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Provide civil engineering design for bulk earthworks, roads, rail, tailings and earth dams and levees
- Provide civil engineering design for surface water drainage networks
- Plan engineering activities using Engineering Work Packages
- Prepare engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports
- Prepare Material Take Offs/Bill of Quantities
- Review and check engineering drawings
- Provide input to engineering, operating and cost estimates
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews
You bring to the role:
- A degree in civil engineering from a recognised tertiary institution
- Demonstrated design experience including bulk earthworks, site grading, surface water management, access and haul roads, and earth structures
- Experience with civil design packages such as InRoads, 12D Model, Civil3D, CivilStorm, CulvertMaster
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry and/or regulatory standards relating to civil engineering (e.g. ANCOLD, Austroads etc) including Australian and ISO codes and standards
- 3-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Prior experience within the industrial and mining sectors would be highly regarded
- Applicants with CPEng will be well regarded
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
- Apply your technical and leadership expertise to create positive change
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
- Comprehensive benefits
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.