Requisition ID: 36731
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivatedSenior Instrumentation & Control Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Brisbane assist with a continued growth in local workload, for both nationally and internationally located projects.
The Control, Automation & Electrical Group is a Hatch global practice providing engineering design expertise to Hatch's metals and minerals, infrastructure and energy business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, sustaining capital works and project management.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
Candidates are sought with experience in the design, specification, software configuration, installation, and optimisation of process instrumentation and industrial control system infrastructure.
As the successful candidate, you will:
You will be involved in preparing discipline design, studies, calculations and documentation to support feasibility studies, as well as detailed engineering for procurement and construction of execution phase projects. You will provide input into capital estimates and project schedules. Other duties will include: providing key discipline input to multi-discipline project teams, participating in formal engineering review processes, and provision of on-site construction and commissioning technical support.
You bring to the role:
- A degree in engineering, demonstrated experience and RPEQ/CPEng status(or the experience necessary to attain this)
- Excellent attitude towards safety and a demonstrated ability to comply with the safety requirements
- Experience in the mining, metallurgical, energy and infrastructure sectors
- Experience in the investigation, planning and supervision of construction works and/or maintenance activities in operational facilities
- Have current knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and study criteria pertinent to instrumentation and control systems engineering ensuring compliance of design work with all relevant engineering standards and internal procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients on a technical and interpersonal level
- In addition to the above, experience in Functional Safety and/or ICT systems would be well regarded.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button above.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.