Graduate opportunity: Build the extraordinary, every day
At Hatch, we work on the world’s toughest challenges. It’s in our nature to find innovative solutions for our clients in the metals, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Digitization to transformation; Decarbonisation and renewables integration; from transportation solutions to smart cities; clean mining and processing; we understand the world’s challenges are changing rapidly. We solve real-world problems in smarter, more efficient and original ways.
To find and execute the solutions, we look for people who are:
- Passionate about innovation, sustainability and technology
- Exceptional communicators and networkers
- Collaborators who think laterally and innovatively to solve problems
- Driven and achievement orientated
- Find satisfaction in creating positive change
The Hatch Project Controls Group is a global practice within the Project Delivering Group providing project controls expertise to Hatch's business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle, comprising scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, procurement, construction and project management.
The Project Controls group covers a multitude of Project Delivery functions such as cost control; planning and scheduling; and estimating and are critical to all phases of the project lifecycle. Having a strong understanding and experience base in Project Controls is an excellent grounding in a career in Project Delivery such as Procurement, Risk and Quality Management and Construction and there are excellent opportunities within Hatch to expand your career in these wider functional areas.
Hatch is currently seeking Junior Project Engineers to join the Project Controls team. This role will suit candidates with an interest in engineering consulting and EPCM projects in the mining and resources or infrastructure sectors.
If you are a motivated, flexible and well-presented team player we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities / Expectations:
- Provide project controls functions to several engineering, study and execution phase projects
- Establishment, management and reporting utilising the Hatch Cost Control and Project Progress systems for Studies and Projects
- Developing and maintaining project schedules in Primavera P6
- Become an interactive team member on projects. This could include multiple functional responsibilities on smaller projects or single functional responsibility on major multi-discipline projects
- Learning and development and possible longer term “super-user” of Project Controls functions within the Hatch Digital Project Delivery program
- Potential wider opportunities in capital cost estimating
We are seeking further applicants with:
- Bachelor’s degree (or working towards) with a strong academic record
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be proactive with good communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to think laterally and innovatively
- Flexibility to travel and work in locations within Australia and Internationally
- A passion and drive to make a real difference
- Previous experience in project controls, project management or a related field
Our Professional Development Program
As a graduate with Hatch you will build professional relationships with renowned experts, and champion great initiatives for reputable, well-known clients. You will belong to a company that fosters career growth, encourages continuous improvement and is pioneering in nature.
You will have opportunities to:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to complete project deliverables for clients
- Develop mentoring relationships with experienced professionals and experts
- Achieve Professional Chartership and individual career goals
- Work in a flexible framework and environment
- Attend networking events, opportunities and activities
- Continuously learn and develop through a variety of challenging work experiences and career pathways
- Work with one of Australia’s Top Graduate Employers
If you are passionate about working in a global, inclusive and collaborative team to provide innovative and sustainable solutions for our clients and the communities we serve, we want to hear from you!
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.