With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Water Resource Engineer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Hydrotechnical team in Brisbane.
Our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group forms an integrated core that provides clients with outstanding project execution through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise. From concept to operation, we’re committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions.
From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specialises in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients’ operations? Join our team today!
You will be responsible for assisting with and delivering projects covering:
- Surface water management
- Water Balance and Final Void Studies in mining related projects
- Mine water management
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs and identify how we can assist
- Report writing on findings and proposal preparation
- Providing input to engineering, operating and cost estimates
What you will bring to the role:
- A degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution
- Minimum three years experience within the industrial and mining sectors
- Experienced in using Goldsim and Opsim software packages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative and inclusive work style
- Applicants with RPEQ and CPEng will be well regarded
- Previous experience in hydrology and hydraulic flood modelling will be well regarded
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
- Convenient office work location
To be considered for this role you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. Australian Citizen, Permanent Residency or eligible work visa).
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.