|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for your next career move? Do you need a lifestyle change? We have an opportunity for you to join us on large scale operation with a life expectancy of 20 years
Downer Mining have a new opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor interested in joining the team on a permanent basis at Carrapateena, a large-scale, world class modern underground mine owned by OZ minerals located in South Australia 160km north of Port Augusta.
This role will work a 2:2 roster and we offer short chartered flights from Adelaide or Port Augusta to site.
If you are South Australian based or would consider relocating for a permanent position, we would love to hear from you.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for managing the maintenance and repair activities ensuring that they are undertaken in a safe and timely manner, within budget whilst minimising disruption to operations.
- Check all timecards and hazard/fault cards, check with cross shift trades and discuss any equipment faults.
- Attend meetings with Project Manager and Maintenance Superintendent as required to plan works, alterations or maintenance and organise required equipment and staff.
- Ensure faults given on “Hazard/Fault” Cards are given priority.
- Involve apprentices with a variety of training and jobs without causing equipment downtime.
- Inspect all mechanical and electrical equipment and maintain records.
- Forecast any major work.
- Perform equipment tests and mechanical audits.
- Prepare summary reports on all major work carried out during the month, including the general condition of equipment.
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner.
- A trade certificate with tertiary qualifications in Engineering desirable.
- Generic Underground Induction.
- Relevant operating permits and authorisations endorsed by the registered Site Manager.
- Current Driver Licence.
- Experience in operating underground metalliferous mining equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of underground metalliferous mining processes and operations.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current first aid certificate.
- A positive attitude towards safety and a strong work ethic.
- Physical capability, including the ability to work night shifts, in hot and/or confined spaces and underground.
What We Offer
- Accommodation provided by Tjungu village which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site;
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive salary & benefits
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!;
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative;
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long term contract and a long term mine life.
For further information regarding this role, please contact email@example.com If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the 'Apply' button and complete the online application. Resumes will not be accepted via email.
Please submit your application online by following the links. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply