|Job Type:||Full Time|
Accounts Receivable Officer
Sitting within our Finance division, reporting directly to the Operations Accounts - Team Lead, this role has responsibility for the AR Collection function in which there is a large number of accounts to manage. This position also has an obligation to consider risks and provide recommendations for changes to work Policies and Procedures (P&P’s) to minimise the risk faced by Coates Hire.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance at all times with all P&P’s under which the collection team operates
- Take all steps to ensure the company’s cash flow is maximised and risk minimised
- Build strong relationships with the Regional and Branch Managers and Corporate Finance Team.
- Identify repetitive disputes or poor business practices and raise with management to avoid a recurrence.
- Ensure customer credit limits are managed, delinquent accounts identified and disputes managed
- Actively participate in cross department work groups targeting specific areas for improvement
Your Skills & Expertise
In addition to at least 3-5 years’ experience in a high volume collections or credit environment we would anticipate your qualifications include a Certificate IV or Diploma in Credit Management as a minimum. Your experience will have given you a good understanding of credit management, collection techniques, reporting and credit risk.
You will need excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and be willing to liaise with our customers via the phone. Although we support and encourage team work our environment is fast paced and will require you to work under pressure and independently. Experience in using an ERP system and Microsoft office applications a must. And although not essential, AICM membership and CCE qualification are welcome.
If you think you have what it takes to work within our friendly fast paced environment, we welcome your application.