|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's APAC Environmental group is a team of 50 professionals, located across Australia and NZ.
Our team consists of specialists that deliver across the following discipline areas: Environmental Approvals and Post-Approvals; Environmental Compliance and Management Systems, Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecology, Sustainability, and Contaminated Land Engineering.
Our clients include international, commonwealth and state government entities, local and regional councils, and private sector organisations.
The types of projects we deliver range from major construction and infrastructure developments, heavy industry operations, renewable project approvals, resource sector decommissioning and rehabilitation, as well as, bespoke environmental investigations and assessments, and expert witness cases.
We are expanding the team and looking for a forward thinking Environmental Consultant with predominant expertise in impact assessment and approvals, including post-approval implementation and compliance management.
Demonstrated experience across Australian jurisdictions and on international projects is desirable.
With Cardno's "Work your way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way to work to deliver the best outcomes for you, our clients, Cardno and your team.
Point of Hire:
Not important (Australia or New Zealand based).
The ability to work remotely with the support of the wider team, to deliver on projects and develop relationships across APAC will be key.
- Supervise environmental assessment and approvals projects, including any post-approval implementation and compliance programs
- Work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary project teams, providing environmental advice to other business units
- Develop technically robust, practical and commercial solutions to problems
- Preparation of various types of environmental assessments across all project delivery phases
- Prepare proposals and identifying opportunities for client development
- Mentor and develop junior employees to develop their skill sets and empower self-autonomy
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Environmental Discipline
- Previous consulting industry experience undertaking a range of projects
- High level of technical proficiency in environmental planning and approvals
- Broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to manage budgets
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, strategic thinking, and "people" skills
If you are keen for a new opportunity and ready to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team, we are keen to discuss the next exciting phase of your career. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people direction. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.