|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is currently seeking a Civil Designer to join an established Civil Design Engineering team to provide support in project delivery, business development and being a technical specialist to the broader Cardno business.
This role is based from our Petone office and with our new "Work your way" policy we offer the flexibility to balance your career and family life. As well as having a variety of external clients, the group works closely with Urban Infrastructure and Environment teams among others to provide value-added service to clients on multi-disciplinary projects.
This position will see you working across the broader Cardno APAC business and is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplined, global organisation with a great team culture.
The position offers the opportunity to:
- Participate in civil design projects and assist engineers and senior designers to complete projects on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Maintain organised calculations and records in accordance with Cardno's Quality Management System procedures
- Be able to assist engineers and senior designers to prepare tender documentation
- To attend site meetings and other ad hoc as and when required
- To Work with all disciplines within the Business Unit to broaden skills across disciplines.
- To be successful you will display -
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the relevant field of employment
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a high standard of grammar and punctuation.
- Using CAD as a design tool. Having these skills now isn't necessary however would be an advantage.
- Civil design skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a high standard of grammar and punctuation
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has
more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.