South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Engineering & Maintenance and leading 4 teams of close to 50 people, the purpose of this role is to ensure that the Mobile Maintenance Plan and Schedule is executed to achieve the required production rates safely and in a cost effective manner, whilst preserving the economic life-cycle of the asset.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Manage the performance and availability of HME & ancillary fleets of equipment to achieve both operational and financial company objectives;
- Responsible for an operational work stream ensuring teams take responsibility for their tasks
- Provides clarity and direction that supports the effective performance of several integrated operations in terms of timing, budget and delivery options
- Attend daily site meetings to provide operational availability of all site equipment, upcoming planned events, collaborate closely with production depts. ; and manage, coach and mentor supervisors and maintenance crew personnel
Cannington mine provides resort style onsite accommodation with laundry and meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities and is FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated experience in Ore Processing, Utilities and Underground Mining Maintenance activities
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP’s Maintenance Planning and Scheduling functionality
- Significant Maintenance and Engineering experience in a heavy industry environment
- Reliability centred Maintenance experience
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Understands the importance of working to the approved plan and schedule
- Strong understanding and capability in safety culture and leadership concepts and practical application of risk assessment; hazard identification and controls; and incident management and investigation
- Competitive salaries
- 8/6 ,4/3, 4/3 Roster from either Brisbane or Townsville
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications closing 25/01/2021