- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Applications close on 3 January 2021
- Roma based
A great Origin opportunity
Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Good energy starts with you, our great people.
We are on the lookout for our next Senior Plant Technician to join the team at Roma Power Station in a permanent capacity. The role is part of a small multi-skilled team operating in a dynamic environment and closely with centralised maintenance planning and projects, engineering and compliance teams.
The roles key purpose is to facilitate the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the Roma Power Station, in order to deliver flexible, reliable and cost effective power generation for our Customers.
The Senior Plant Technician is responsible for:
- The continuous application of HSEC systems including Generation Permit to Work and Isolation, Lock and Tag Procedures, HV Procedures Manual, Gas Safety Procedure and Incident Reporting and Management.
- Supporting and maintaining compliance with site’s Regulatory and Statutory requirements.
- Operating plant in a safe and reliable manner.
- As an Authorised Permit Issuer, planning, preparing, issuing and coordinating Work Permit activities.
- Performing inspections, preventative, planned, unplanned and corrective maintenance, calibrations and repairs.
- Providing callout support outside of normal working hours.
- Effectively managing, promoting, and using the Generation Work Management System.
- Collecting, recording, and maintaining plant operating and maintenance data.
- Identifying and rectifying faults including taking ownership of fault-finding activities and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Performing detailed investigation of plant incidents and issues, including writing reports and making recommendations.
- Recommending changes to work activities (e.g. activity frequency, work breakdown requirements, work planning).
- Effectively managing stores system and stores inventory.
- Performing project and outage management and coordination - from inception through to completion.
- Engaging and coordinate contractors performing specialist work.
- Recommending, developing and implementing plant improvements.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members in own areas of expertise.
- Providing coverage for site’s Plant Manager as required.
- Participating as agreed with the site team, to be on call after hours to address any emergency issues that cannot wait until the next working day.
Along with your ability to work independently, you will have:
- Trade Certificate in Electrical and/or Instrumentation and Control.
- Intermediate or greater level skills with MS Office software.
- Intermediate or greater experience in computerised enterprise Work Management Systems (Oracle, Ellipse, SAP).
- Intermediate skills with SCADA/DCS.
- Ability to foster and support an inclusive team environment preferred.
- Open cycle gas turbine technical maintenance training preferred.
- Demonstrated planning and organising skills.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills including active listening skills.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Natham Jancey - (02) 8345 5165, quote Requisition ID: 77563
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au