|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's professional building services team provides tailored solutions for a diverse range of building projects and clients, from designing new buildings and refurbishment projects, through to due diligence and compliance reports for existing buildings;
The team is currently recruiting for a proficient Electrical Engineer to deliver innovative, cost effective solutions and coordinate the project delivery from conception to construction phase.
Working closely with the Lead Electrical Engineer and the broader building services group based in Brisbane you will have the opportunity to develop your skills across a varied range of projects e.g. Defence, corrections, health and aged care, residential, fit outs and retails
With Cardno's "Work your way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way to work to deliver the best outcomes for you, our clients, Cardno and your team.
- Coordinate design and documentation for electrical systems for building services projects (e.g. internal and external lighting, power, CCTV & access control)
- Undertake design reviews to ensure work output is of a technically high standard
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders as well as clients ensuring that projects are completed to time and budget
- Conduct accurate on-site inspections through the use of engineering drawings & photographs
- Work cooperatively with other building services engineers and relevant professionals such as liaising with utility providers
To be successful for this role you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience within a building services consulting environment in QLD.
- Experience in lighting, power, telecommunication, electrical and security designs
- Successful completion/ coordination of several electrical design projects
- Strong software design skills. AGI32, PowerCAD as a minimum.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, strategic thinking, and "people" skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people direction. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.