About the role
In this 6-Month contract role, reporting directly to CRO, Asset Management, you will be accountable for supporting MLC Asset Management Teams in implementing risk management frameworks through the coordination and facilitation of risk related activities and providing assurance on the risk and controls environment.
The individual plays a key role in providing support to Asset Management in building a strong risk management culture and associated behavioural competencies, and in testing the ‘first line of defence’ on its execution of its risk management responsibilities.
Key accountabilities include:
- Proactively supporting the identification and assessment of delivered risks associated with Change initiatives and ensuring application of the Control Management Systems (CMS) framework.
- Providing assurance that appropriate processes are in place to implement and monitor adherence to agreed risk appetite limits.
- Assisting in the development and application of a dynamic risk framework. This will incorporate executing assigned internal monitoring and testing of key processes and controls against defined standards/risk appetite.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of an internal reporting framework which ensures management attention is focussed upon achieving required standards, identifying when there is a need to improve overall control, monitoring management responses to reports and ensuring that all appropriate actions are being taken
- Assist MLC Asset Management Teams to record, manage, report and escalate operational risks and compliance events. Escalate risks and issues to CRO, Asset Management which are not supported within agreed tolerances.
- Supporting the ongoing data integrity of the MLC Risk systems and tools via investigation and action of reports data exceptions.
Your key skills and experiences will include;
- Prior experience in Risk and Assurance roles in the Banking & Finance sector
- Knowledge of industry processes specific to Asset Management will be highly regarded
- The ability to respond and adapt quickly to change
- Stakeholder management, engagement and influencing
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients - and for the community too.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you're ready for the next step, apply today !
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.