|Job Type:||Full Time|
Operating in a highly competitive and dynamic financial services environment, QSuper manages around $113 billion in funds for over 585,000 members and is committed to working with our members so they can feel more confident they are making the best choices for their situation. QSuper Limited and QInvest Limited are ultimately owned by the QSuper Board of Trustees.
The QSuper Group has approximately 1,200 employees, and our culture is one where "members are at the heart of everything we do". Our employees bring this culture to life by behaving in line with our unique values which ensures our success through our actions every day.
We have an exceptional opportunity for an Azure Cloud Engineer (known internally as Cloud Engineer) to join our Cloud Engineering team on a permanent basis.
As the Azure Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for building out our vision for a fully automated pipeline driven large-scale multi-purpose cloud environment, just like you have always dreamed of! This role is extremely exciting because this person will create and implement our cloud native technology roadmap and automation practices to embed DevOps across the IT organisation.
Utilising your previous experience in a similar role, as Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Engineer or DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for implementing the frameworks required to run a world-class Azure Cloud platform, selecting the best open source tooling to use to get the job done, building the foundations for a 100% automated immutable production Azure platform, and upskilling our development teams as they embrace the DevOps way of working.
The successful candidate will exhibit a passion for DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering and doing things the "right way". The successful candidate will also possess superior technical skills and will pride themselves on their ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver great results. If this sounds like you, and you're ready for your next exciting career change, don't delay - apply today!
At QSuper, we value flexible working arrangements, however we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you, which may include the opportunity to work from home or flexible hours.
Please note that the location for this role is temporarily 'work from home' due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. When these requirements are lifted, this role will be based at its former primary location of Brisbane CBD.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The ideal Azure Cloud Engineer will demonstrate some or most of the below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar (highly desirable)
- Relevant industry experience (and certifications) designing and provisioning Azure Cloud platforms in a medium to large financial organisation (desirable)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins or an equivalent
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline development for deploying Infrastructure as Code
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and Azure Cloud services
- Deep experience with Windows Server System Administration
- Experience working with Linux System Administration
- Strong experience with scripting (e.g. PowerShell, PHP, Python)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations for High Availability workloads
- Excellent IP networking knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in DevOps
- Awareness of cloud technologies and architecture
- A working knowledge of ITIL processes.
At QSuper we are proud to champion respect and we value diversity amongst our employees to support an inclusive workplace. We are passionate about selecting talented people based on their qualifications, capabilities and experience relevant to the role.
What you do today, inspires tomorrow
Click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts. The closing date for applications is Monday, 25 January 2021.
Please note, owing to a high volume of applications, QSuper reserves the right to close the applicant portal ahead of this deadline if necessary.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact those candidates that are short-listed for interview.
We choose to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this opportunity, so if you're interested, please apply.