|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia? If so, come and join the nbn team, our people have a clear vision and a common goal, to transform Australia’s digital landscape. We’re committed to providing an environment within nbn that’s both diverse and inclusive, a place where all people can thrive. Where innovative minds create new ways for Australians to live, work and play.
An exciting opportunity has presented itself to join the Network Economics Team an Executive Manager of Technology Economics.
A bit about your role
Reporting to the General Manager of Network Economics, the Executive Manager of Technology Economics will manage the Centre of Excellence for network economics. They will improve and develop advanced modelling, analytics and tooling capabilities to enable improved accuracy, consistency and automation of cost estimation throughout nbn.
More specifically, the Executive Manager of Technology Economics will:
1. Establish and lead an enhanced Centre of Excellence
2. Lead strategic projects and responses to requests from Minister, Department and ExCo/Board, including large scale technology upgrades and investment opportunities
3. Lead projects to drive automation of manual planning activities through the use of advanced modelling tools and methods in collaboration with Systems, Data and Analytics and Operational Planning teams
4. Develop optimisation tools to determine optimal network deployment options and strategies
5. Own the enhanced 'change escalation’ process and function to assess and manage complex change requests in regards to the network plan
6. Lead the Centre of Excellence Team, supporting nbn’s GPTW objectives and ensuring all team members are provided with the leadership support required to operate effectively
A bit about you
Ideally, you will meet the below criteria to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of experience in Strategy / Economics management roles, leading teams solving complex multi-faceted problems
- 10+ years of experience in Telecommunications industry with a high degree of understanding of all fixed line and wireless technologies, from a technical, architecture and commercial perspective as well as knowledge of market and customer trends and behaviours.
- 10+ years of experience in project managing complex X-functional strategic projects to deliver accurate and on-time outputs such as M&A and/or business economics (e.g. Investment Banking, Financial Advisory)
- 10+ years of experience in leading the development, maintenance and communication channels for large complex financial/economic models
- Recognised in relevant industry as an SME big-data systems/tools and data analytics
- Undergraduate bachelor’s degree qualification in Economics / Statistics / Actuarial
- Proven track record of driving complex problem solving considering top-level strategic and bottom-up operational factors to drive to innovative actionable outcomes
- Proven track record of managing multiple concurrent projects on-time and to requirements and ability to prioritise among competing priorities
- Proven track record of engaging through a wide range of senior C-suite and external stakeholders
Life at nbn
Please note that this role is available as a permanent opportunity.
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to and redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees, with a target of 33% of women in senior management by 2020. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.