|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is currently seeking a Geospatial Analyst/ Developer to join an established GIS team to provide support in project delivery, business development and being a technical specialist to the broader Cardno business.
This role is based from our Petone office and with our new "Work your way" policy we offer the flexibility to balance your career and family life. As well as having a variety of external clients, the group works closely with Urban Infrastructure and Environment teams among others to provide value-added service to clients on multi-disciplinary projects.
This position will see you working across the broader Cardno APAC business and is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplined, global organisation with a great team culture.
Specifically, the duties will include:
- Perform day to day mapping and analysis in ArcGIS and provide a range of innovative spatial solutions to internal and external clients
- Provide support and technical assistance across the team
- Be a technical expert in GIS and identify innovative opportunities to support Cardno projects
- Develop web-based map-centric products to meet client project requirements.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to provide integrated spatial solutions, i.e. Machine Learning, BIM and 3D integration
In addition to your enthusiasm and drive, you will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in GIS or equivalent and;
- At least 3 years' experience in the spatial industry
- Advanced experience with Esri ArcGIS suite
- A good understanding of Python and Arcpy
- Demonstrated skills in project planning and delivery
- Strong eye for detail and a good understanding of web design
- A passion and understanding of spatial, remote sensing, survey and geographical concepts
- Ability to influence and inspire internal and external clients regarding the benefits of using an integrated GIS approach to projects
- High attention to detail coupled with effective written and verbal communication skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.