Cardno currently has an opportunity for a commercially focused procurement professional to join our finance team on a 6-Month contract commencing in January 2021. The role will focus on a cost reduction initiative across several of our overhead cost categories.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Gathering relevant cost data via Cardno's finance system and through liaising with key internal stakeholders to understand spend and vendor information
- Performing cost analysis of vendors
- Initiate cost reduction initiatives across categories including Contract Cleaning, Staff Amenities, Telecommunications, Electricity, Building Maintenance and Equipment Leasing
- Renegotiating contracts with existing suppliers and/or recommending new agreements
To be successful you will display -
- Demonstrated 5+ years experience in a procurement role
- Demonstrated experience using finance systems to extract and analyse data
- Knowledge of purchasing/sourcing procedure and processes
- A strong understanding of commercial contracts
- Well-developed stakeholder management and negotiation skills to ensure commercial opportunities are identified
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to operate within an autonomous environment
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has 75 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.