|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The C4ISREW Brisbane based team comprises about 15 Software and Systems Engineers architecting, developing and designing the C4ISR mission system for the LAND 400 Phase 2 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle, commonly known as the BOXER. We work with a diverse group of Rheinmetall engineers in various locations across Germany.
The role will also work with the LAND 400 Phase 3 team currently competing for the Infantry Fighting Vehicle contract, where we are putting up the Rheinmetall LYNX tracked vehicle: a separate SIL will be established for Phase 3 should Rheinmetall be awarded the contract.
About the role
The C4ISREW Senior Technical Officer is responsible for establishing, extending and maintaining the LAND 400 System Integration Labs at MILVEHCOE with hardware, equipment, and software, including Commonwealth equipment.
As the C4ISREW Senior Technical Officer, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Documenting and controlling the configuration of the LAND 400 System Integration Labs at MILVEHCOE;
- Establishing and managing processes for maintaining and modifying the LAND 400 System Integration Labs at MILVEHCOE;
- Leading and contributing to the installation, test and verification of hardware, software and other Customer equipment requiring in-depth technical knowledge;
- Leading and contributing to production systems development with operational and technical insights;
- Leading the installation, building, maintenance and testing of systems to developed and of established designs;
- Authoring, developing, and reviewing process documentation for the above; and
- Fulfilling other duties that may be required as agreed with the manager from time to time.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering or other related technical discipline;
- At least 5 years’ experience in development, verification, and release of complex systems;
- At least 5 years’ experience analysing, planning, and implementing complex system installation, integration and demonstration activities;
- Understanding of and ability to apply, relevant practices, standards, and regulations;
- Experience managing and leading technical personnel;
- Demonstrated ability to react quickly to resolve problems that may require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation;
- Hold or be eligible to obtain NV1 Australian Security Clearance (Must hold Australian Citizenship);
- Meet US ITAR requirements;
- Willingness and ability to travel interstate and internationally when required;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills; and
- Positive attitude towards technical and manufacturing processes, and process improvement.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
+61 428 881 736