|Location:||Sydney, Wingecarribee Shire Council|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries at June 2017.
Boral Drill & Blast is now looking for a Driller who will be responsible for providing a high level of service and quality to Boral's 15 hard rock quarries in NSW/ACT.
You will either already be an experienced Driller, or have a relevant trade background with an eagerness to learn drilling operations.
The Driller is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of drilling equipment to achieve daily production targets, as well as assisting in drill maintenance activities to ensure a high level of reliability and performance.
- The safe and efficient operation of the drill rigs onsite according to operational manuals and established procedures.
- Liaising closely with the Quarry Supervisor to meet the requirements of the daily drill plan
- Ensuring that drill holes are drilled to specification with a high degree of accuracy
- Accurately documenting details of drilled holes
- Accounting for drill utilisation and productivity performance of working shift
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping across all drills, vehicles and facilities
- Closely cooperating with other work teams to ensure safe and efficient working environment
- Strong contribution to continuous improvement
Skills & Experience:
- Strong safety orientation
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Independent self-directed worker with strong organisational skills
- 2+ years' experience in blast-hole drilling or hold a relevant trade qualification
- Skilled and able to carry out risk assessments and isolations
- Strong mechanical understanding and troubleshooting skills
If you’re interested in this opportunity, press Apply to submit your application.