|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work on high profile project in an exciting opportunity within Australia's largest shipbuilding program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Material Handler in our BAE Systems Maritime Australia team in Osborne, Naval Shipyard, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Yard Logistics Supervisor, you will be responsible to provide quality and customer focused service through the activities of receipt, handling, control, pick and dispatch of goods and materials, in accordance with company policies, procedures and any respective customer service agreements.
In addition, you will be working in an evolving environment with a focus on innovation, safety, customer service and continuous improvement. Being able to adapt and embrace change is critical to the success of the position.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Unload and load trucks, transport materials to and between shipyard drop zones or warehouse locations
- Inspect inwards and outward bound materials as delegated by quality and in accordance with the respective company policies and procedures
- Manage and maintain data within the relevant ERP data systems and establish and maintain the goods traceability
- Operate forklift, gantry crane and on-site vehicles as required and dogging for large specialised items
- Conduct authorised inventory adjustment and ensure all “shelf life” materials are received, warehoused
- Undertake period data integrity checks within the ERP database system and support the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A current drivers licence and high-risk licence for gantry crane, dogging/rigging, EWP ticket and current forklift licence is required
- Demonstrated experience in similar role within a warehouse of similar heavy engineering or manufacturing environment
- An ability to interact effectively within and outside the immediate team to implement business requirement
- An ability to use good written and verbal communication is important to this role
- Intermediate in Ms Office skills, particularly word, excel and power point
Whilst not essential, hazardous and dangerous good certificate would be desirable
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Professionals
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.