- Provide seasoned energy retail compliance support in a start-up environment
- Key role in business transformation journey
- Melbourne based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
A great Origin opportunity to join Retail X
About Retail X
Retail X is the strategic partnership with Octopus Energy that we announced in May 2020. Through this partnership, we will empower our people to deliver outstanding customer service and propositions that embrace a smarter, cleaner energy future.
We will do this by adopting the Octopus technology platform, Kraken, and by replicating their customer centric operating model which is built around creating autonomous teams, a culture of customer and employee trust, and puts the energy specialist at the centre of everything they do.
We are excited to share this unique opportunity to contribute to the future shape Origin’s retail business. Come be part of something truly transformational.
What will you be doing?
Like everyone in Retail X, your primary responsibility is to deliver exceptional customer experience.
Joining the expanding Retail X team based in Melbourne as a Senior Compliance Advisor, you’ll be working closely with the Compliance Manager in a tight-knit but growing function and you’ll be responsible for driving a customer centric operating model in a highly agile environment.
As a SME contributing to the design of an innovative operating model at the cutting edge your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders from the front line to Senior Management in decision making around operational design and implementation of initiatives
- Offering clear, concise, accurate, timely and commercial regulatory compliance advice in a complex regulatory environment
- Interpreting and communicating complex regulatory requirements to leadership and providing change management support to all levels of the business
- Driving compliance awareness and culture across Retail X
- Developing strong internal stakeholder relationships and external regulator relationships
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need a tertiary qualification in a relevant area and have a deep and broad understanding of the energy retail regulatory environment.
To be shortlisted you will need:
- Demonstrable experience managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Seasoned judgment and excellent communication skills
- A track record of independence in decision making and problem solving
- Considerable time in a compliance, legal or related role in a corporate environment
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin's Retail business is Australia’s leading energy retailer, we provide 4.2 million customers with a range of energy products, services and solutions to keep our homes, businesses and communities going.
As we continue to build a simpler, smarter and more engaging business for the future, we’re looking for people who are passionate, curious and customer focused. People who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering for customers and more affordable energy.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy.
For more information contact: Jack Betton - 03 9652 5219 , quote Requisition ID: 77582
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au