|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Exciting program of financial reform
- Looking for challenge and your chance to make a difference?
- Up to 10 month Temporary full time fixed term roles - flexible working, CBD based
At Transport, we’re passionate about making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. Our vision is to give everyone the freedom to choose how and when they get around, no matter where they live. Right now, we’re delivering a $57.5bn program – the largest Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions. At Transport, we’re also committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce, which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
About the team
Corporate Services provides sustainable strategies, solutions and services to enable our clients to deliver with confidence Transport's vision. Commercial and Strategic Procurement drives commerciality through the procurement of goods and services and provision of corporate services to internal clients.
We’re seeking 2 commercially astute Program Development Managers to join the Financial Sustainability team, focussing on the development of initiatives to drive our Financial Sustainability goals.
Financial Sustainability is a key part of the Evolving Transport program, seeking to transform our business to deliver for customers now and in the future. This will be achieved through a culture of striving to get the best value possible from the taxpayers dollars we are provided and, ensuring our investments are prioritised to services, infrastructure and technology that will sustainably deliver for our customers and the broader community.
- Support the Associate Director Financial Sustainability to develop an effective, ethical and professional function with a clear focus on delivering strategic outcomes
- Manage a program of development works driving organisational Financial Sustainability outcomes, in collaboration with relevant divisions to support Opex, Capex or revenue improvements.
- Assist the development of 3 year Financial Sustainability plans, ensuring appropriate rigour around the forecast benefits as well as a coherent narrative around the non-financial benefits relating to our people, our customers and the broader community we serve.
- Cultivate strong working relationships across the Transport divisions supporting development of agreed initiatives and plans for their execution
An engaging and innovative thinker, you possess strong relationship management, communciation and influencing skills. You understand how to create interest and generate momentum in stakeholders of all levels to drive organisational improvement initiatives forward.
A professional with proven capabilities in consultation, collaboration and facilitation you are familiar working in a complex matrix, program/project environment. Demonstrating solid experience in business process optimisation, business technology and commerciality you are adept at identifying opportunities for advancement and business benefit.
You welcome the opportunity to work in a vibrant and empowered environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven skills, knowledge and experience in the successful development and/or delivery of major business reform/transformation project.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
Salary and Benefit
This is a Transport Senior Service Manager (TSSM) role. Salary range: $172,819 – $192,578 (package).
Be a part of something big. Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your applications by hitting the 'apply now' link, include your resume and respond to the questions outlined during the application process.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email the contact person for this role.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Christine Stenzel – email@example.com
Applications Close: 11.59 PM Monday 24 January 2021