|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Strategic leadership Opportunity
- Do you want a role with significant autonomy? Do you have the ability to build strong partnerships to improve service delivery and value for money?
- Motivated by driving best practice and achieving high standards of workplace experience?
At Transport, we’re passionate about making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. Our vision is to give everyone the freedom to choose how and when they get around, no matter where they live. Right now, we’re delivering a $57.5bn program – the largest Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions.
About the team
We partner to provide sustainable strategies, solutions and services to enable our clients to deliver with confidence, Transport’s vision to make NSW a great place to live, work and play.
This role is responsible for leading and managing the delivery of facilities fanagement services across Transport for NSW (TfNSW) office and operations properties. The role is responsible for coordinating service delivery between several outsourced service providers and the internal team, and managing the efficient and effective delivery of services across sites.
- Provide strategic direction and management of the Facilities Management Team.
- Lead the development of the Asset Management Plan for TfNSW properties, ensuring alignment with the overarching Portfolio Strategy and Strategic Asset Management plan.
- Manage relationships with outsource providers, lead the day-to-day management of facilities and workplace services.
- Work closely with the Contracts Management team to review progress and initiatives, manage risks and issues, and provide critical input to inform procurement and sourcing.
- Develop, manage and optimise the facilities management budget.
- Ensure security, safety and emergency systems are in place, incorporate sustainability into all aspects of building management.
- Determine strategic priorities that ensure synergies and best value for money between contracts across TfNSW.
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
You’re a collaborative and talented leader of people with a facilities management background. You demonstrate stakeholder engagement expertise, decisiveness, and the drive to get things done. Engaging and energetic, you excel in your communication and presentation skills and have proven experience in leading and developing large teams in a complex customer centric environment.
- Extensive experience leading a team in delivering comprehensive asset management and facilities management services across a large and diverse property portfolio.
- Extensive knowledge of building industry legislation and compliance requirements.
- The role requires security and criminal clearance prior to appointment.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email the contact person for this role.
Salary and Benefits
This is a Transport Senior Service Manager level role offering an attractive remuneration package.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your applications by hitting the 'apply now' link, include your resume and respond to the questions outlined during the application process.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Bryce Sait –firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:59 PM Sunday 24th January 2021