|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of our culturally diverse team on site
- Opportunity to work among a high performing and experienced work crew
- Residential role in sunny Dampier/Karratha
About the role
We are looking for a Crane Operator to actively promote safety awareness and safe work practices, at the Dampier Port Operations.This residential role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with excellent organisational skills expertise to make a difference to the team.
Working in a residential role (5days, 5 off, 4 nights shift rotational roster) and reporting to the Cranes and Belts Supervisor, you will be:
- Operating various slewing cranes and non-slewing cranes such as Leibherr LTM1130, LTM1300, Grove GMK30055, GMK7450, TMS900E, and Terex25 in single shifts
- Towing belt winders and other large loads (dozers) around site on floats and drop decks
- Assisting with rigging when executing pulley changes
- Operating and carryout routine inspections of the crane
- Raising notifications for equipment issues and utilization of SAP daily
- Actively using safety system and tools to ensure the safety of yourself and others
- Working in a team environment and contributing to daily targets
- Working with the maintenance teams across the site as required
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- An Australian "HC" Class Driver’s License
- High risk license with the following classes - CO, CN, RI, LF
- Previous experience on Liebherr and Grove AT Cranes
- Basic SAP experience
- A passion for the safe execution of work
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- A desire to move to Wickham town
Where you will be working
Our port facilities consist of three shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert, which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading. Karratha is located just off the North West Coastal Highway, 1535 kilometres north of Perth and 240 kilometres south of Port Hedland. Karratha is a city in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, adjoining the port of Dampier. With a bustling city center, Karratha’s recent reinvention will surprise you with it's hip restaurants and modern facilities, but best of all Karratha's location means it is surrounded by iconic natural attractions.
What’s on offer?
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Full domestic relocation assistance provided
- Company housing provided in all residential towns
- Subsidised living expenses including rent and utilities
- Two flights to Perth per annum for you and your dependents
- Assistance with boarding costs for students in primary, secondary or post-secondary education
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options that includes residential housing, airport parking, cars and superannuation
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn
Applications for this role will close on 22/01/2021, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.