|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A dynamic and varied role which allows you to think creatively
- Engage and partner across the business and external stakeholders
- Join a team where diversity of thought and new ways of thinking are truly valued - Perth CBD
- Fixed 12 months contract
About the role
We are looking for a Sourcing Analyst to manage relationships with RTP Category Managers, key business unit customers and with senior leaders of our supply base. The role requires the individual to create plans and solutions to resolve complex supply challenges and facilitate sourcing activities. Having a detailed understanding of the customers’ business goals and developing a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with internal stakeholders is paramount to success in this role.
This role is a great opportunity to be a crucial part the Regional Sourcing team. Reporting to the Principal Advisor Regional Sourcing, you will:
- Managing the end to end sourcing process;
- Identify sourcing opportunities through spend analysis;
- Design, develop and manage tenders;
- Demonstrate proficiency in contractual terms and conditions and drafting of contracts;
- Have experience in category/sub category profiling, market research and market analysis;
- Develop negotiation plans and identify levers;
- Identify and qualify suppliers.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Knowledge of the Supply Chain discipline with demonstrated experience in areas such as; Procurement, Supplier Management, Industry and Market Research as well as Supplier Negotiations;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage and influence at all levels of the business;
- Strong problem solving, strategic and analytical capability
- Flexible working arrangements
- A competitive base salary reflective of your experience and annual incentive program
- Immediate access to the Rio Tinto share programme
- Private health insurance contribution for all employees and immediate family members
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Paid parental leave at 9 months (half pay) and 4.5 months full pay
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Procurement (RTP) is a shared service that provides supply chain services that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through the strategic sourcing and buying of goods and services for all operations and businesses. Playing a fundamental role, value is achieved through uniformed processes, e-technology, increased corporate social responsibility and measurable savings for the Group.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+ people, women, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.