At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This role requires an experienced individual with a Rail background who has the ability to influence change, communicate ideas and provide leadership throughout the business to optimize performance and sustainability.
Reporting to the Manager Rail Network Maintenance, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the rail assets are monitored, assessed and controlled for the safe and efficient passage of rail traffic in accordance with Code of Practice.
- Managing the condition monitoring team to analyse rail defects (internal and geometry) and derive insights from the data gathered.
- Management of Service Contractors (Rail Grinding / Inspection / Structures) aligned with Contractor Management Framework.
- Supporting the maintenance and execution teams to enable effective work prioritisation and compliance to weekly schedules
- Driving a continuous improvement and proactive culture within the team - working towards a Precision Railway Network
- Provide input and support key projects to optimise maintenance strategies
- Monitor and control costs associated with Capital and Operating Budgets
You will have a passion for safety and the ability to lead and inspire your team to achieve results, whilst emulating the company values in all tasks they undertake, creating a culture of respect, inclusion and teamwork. To be successful in this position, you will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to engage effectively with team members and external stakeholders as well as:
* Relevant tertiary engineering or trade qualification
* Substantial leadership and Relevant industry/organisational experience
* A proven track-record of safety and risk management.
* Working knowledge of Rail Safety National Law Act & Regulations.
* Solid understanding of the operational requirements within a rail network.
* Highly developed analytical, problem solving and decision making ability
In this role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 15,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. In this position you will be provided with a rental accommodation allowance in accordance with BHP Iron Ore’s Housing policy. BHP Supports Flexible work and will consider residential or Fly In, Fly Out rosters for this role.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 32550
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.