At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest for a Senior Area Coordinator within the Locomotive Maintenance team, reporting to the Locomotive Maintenance Superintendent. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to progress towards a Superintendent position in the future.
This position plays a key role in the team through:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental within Rail.
- Supporting the health and wellbeing and sustainable development of team members
- Drive an inclusive and diverse culture
- Build and maintain relationships across departments to achieve positive outcomes in cross departmental projects
- Identify and drive projects that support the supply chain and unlock value for Locomotives and Rail
- Enabling processes and support for Standardize Work in Locomotive Maintenance
- Managing the Continuous Improvement framework in Locomotive Maintenance and influencing a CI mindset within the team
- Managing the Support team to assist the 5S role out within Locomotive Maintenance.
- Support the strategic direction and future state plan for Locomotives
- Strong commitment to the field leadership program and coach field leadership activities
To be successful in this role you will be an effective and collaborative communicator with the ability to manage multiple business priorities simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills are essential, allowing you to influence while also enabling you to build relationships across departments.
This position will work on either a Monday to Friday Roster for residential or a 5/2/4/3 roster for FIFO.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Strong safety leadership skills and history of field leadership participation
- Be process focused
- Current unrestricted West Australian ‘C’ class license
- Experienced in 1SAP work management and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work autonomously to meet deadlines with excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Exceptional risk management skills and experience in leading and developing teams
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to work, with a drive to develop and learn
- Ability to problem solve and react to unplanned situations
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.