Last updated 1 hours ago
|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is on the hunt for a dynamic, Regional HR Partner to support our diverse functional teams and People Leaders. As a Regional Partner, you will collaborate with the Global Human Resources Business Partners and Centres Of Excellence (COE) teams to deliver on our global people strategy and operational plan. You’ll support your client groups by using your ability to influence, mentor and offer expertise, and build out processes in the ANZ region.
Our HR Partners drive the business and constructively challenge leadership, employees and HR partners for purposes of improving outcomes or processes and mentor all levels of management. You will improve manager capability through 1:1 mentoring and/or focused organisational interventions. At the end of the day, we also see you measuring business impact of people practices and solutions implemented to help us build the best possible workplace we can for our outstanding Atlassians.
In this role:
- You will work closely with People Leaders/HRBPs and COEs in the implementation and delivery of corporate policies and programs related to HR, org and employee development for your business unit or division, and will establish people operations in ANZ
- You will participate in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, stock renewal, workforce planning, and org change)
- You will handle and resolve complex ER issues by running effective, detailed and objective investigations
- You will provide day-to-day performance management mentorship to People Leaders, and measure impact of process implementation on business result and customer satisfaction
- You are going to champion and support company diversity initiatives in partnership with HRBPs
On your first day, we will expect that:
- You have extensive experience working within matrixed organisation on the entire employee lifecycle
- You possess the ability to build relationships with co-workers and manage senior partners at different levels of the company across the globe
- You have the foundational knowledge of HR policies, compliance requirements, and risk implications for HR
- You are an effective problem solver and mentor, able to influence, facilitate, present, and communicate process development and analysis
- You are comfortable working with data and using quantitative skills to evaluate the impact of our activities on org performance
It's also great if:
- You have an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of your client group, to help reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance
More about our team
On the Atlassian People team, we use an analytical, data inclined approach to tackle problems, build programs, and help Atlassians constantly improve upon how they work. You’ll work with a team that partners with business and technology teams to ensure our employees are innovating at their peak, leading teams and guiding their amazing people.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.